Here is a quick overview of the steps to finding your new home:
• Contact a mortgage lender (preferably two!) so you can become familiar with the loan products available to home buyers today. They will need to pre-approve you for a home mortgage loan. In today’s real estate market, you’ll need to have proof from a lender that you have begun the application process and have been deemed credit-worthy before a seller will accept your offer to purchase their property. If you don’t have a mortgage lender right now, contact Wayne and he will suggest two excellent choices.
• Look at your current lifestyle and write down your ‘wish list’ — the amenities and characteristics of the home you’re looking to buy.
• With your price range and wish list in hand, talk with Wayne and discover what homes are available in various neighborhoods that meet your criteria. Search the Multiple Listing Service through our website so that you can ‘visit’ properties from the comfort of your own home.
• Select four or five homes that look the best to you, on the basis of their Internet listings and Wayne will set up appointments for you to actually tour the properties. Repeat this process as necessary until you find ‘the one.’
• With a pre-approval letter from your lender, you and Wayne can write up the offer to purchase the house you’ve selected.
• Once your offer has been accepted and ratified by the seller, several things are set in motion. First, you must finalize your loan application and begin working with your lender to secure the loan you need to purchase your home. Second, we begin the inspection and evaluation process to make sure you learn as much about your prospective purchase as possible, and ask for repairs or negotiate appropriate changes in the offer to purchase, if necessary.
• Close the deal and move in!